How to Report a Physical Assault – By physical aggression, we mean that behavior that through blows, vexations or injuries, causes damage both in the physical and psychological integrity of the victim. In this type of aggression, there is a latent intent to cause damage, so the aggressor, in addition to civil liability, must also respond to criminal liability. Therefore, it is important to emphasize that when considered as a crime, it should always denounce a physical aggression to which we have a moral duty to do it, whether it is something that affects ourselves or the other person.

How to Report a Physical Assault


How to Report a Physical Assault

Steps to follow:

  1. Firstly, if you are the victim of intentional physical assault you should go to the nearest emergency room urgently for a specialist to attend to you. He should examine it in detail and make a medical report, which shows the injuries and diseases (both physical and emotional) as a consequence of the aggression suffered.
  2. After a medical examination, go to a police station to report physical aggression. Do not forget to submit the report of the injuries performed by the doctor to be able to add to the report of occurrence. Once there you can formalize your complaint in writing, or if you prefer, orally. The employee will be in charge of asking the pertinent questions about what happened and writing all the facts in his name. When you are done, you should only sign the complaint and request a copy to keep it at home.
  3. Due to the facts of the physical assault, the complaint will progress with greater or lesser speed. Likewise, if he considers it appropriate, he may open a police investigation to inquire about the accused. In general, a physical assault offense could mean an average sentence of between 3 and 6 months in prison for the offender. Although, of course, this can vary according to the severity of the occurrence and the aggressiveness with which it acted at the time of the aggression.
  4. It should also be noted that the accused or those charged with an offense of physical aggression must compensate the victim for both physical and moral damages, in the face of what has been brought by the defendant in office.
  5. If the physical aggression is by a partner, ex-partner or anyone in the family environment, it is essential to go to a police station to file a complaint, where they will also be in charge of contacting the Social Services that will help you and will give you all the support you need to deal with this situation.

Please rate this

Post Your Thoughts