How to Work at NASA – When we hear the NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration) think soon astronauts. But NASA is much more than just astronauts, they are scientists, engineers, experts in information technology, human resources specialists, writers, accountants, technicians and more.
How to Work at NASA
- NASA has programs, called Pathways Programs, which provide opportunities for students and recent graduates. One such program is called Intern Employment Program (IEP) that is intended for current students and individuals who have been accepted into the educational qualification programs. This program offers students enrolled in a variety of educational institutions, opportunities for paid work in agencies and federal explore careers while still in school. Applicants to this program must meet the eligibility requirements consistent with OPM qualification standards, as applicable to the position to be filled. In addition, applicants must have at least one 2.9 GPA and maintain and be US citizens.
- Another of the programs is Recent Graduates Program (RGP) for individuals newly formed. The applicant is only eligible for this program if apply until two years after finishing his degree, masters, doctorate or bachelor’s degree. In addition, the candidate must meet the requirements of the position and be a US citizen.
- To access the opportunities these programs for students and recent graduates, click here. See the opportunities available and if any fit your profile, you can make your online application beginning to submit your resume. After submitting your resume, you will be redirected to a page where NASA will have to answer a number of specific questions. If your application is successful, you will receive an email from NASA.
- In addition to these programs, NASA is always looking for scientists, engineers, and other talented professionals to join the team. To see the opportunities available should go to Jobs Notification Service. After finding the desired ad, select it, check that meets all the requirements ordered and click the ‘Apply Online’ button. Then, you must create a resume in USAJOBS Resume Builder. After submitting your resume, you have to answer a series of specific questions. You should answer all the questions, otherwise unable to complete your application.
- If your application is accepted, you will receive an email from NASA with confirmation and the indications of the following.